NRI's HBIPS Services address the fundamentals of accurate and timely data, and the integration of the measures into quality initiatives
What are HBIPS Core Measures?
The Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS) Core Measures are standardized, uniform measures for inpatient psychiatric care.
What the HBIPS Requirement Means to You:
- Failure to Report HBIPS Core Measures means a 2% reduction in federal reimbursement rate updates for the facilities paid under CMS's Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities' Prospective Payment System(IPF PPS). CMS reporting begins with October 1, 2012 data.
- Fiscal Year 2013 Rule Summary
- Fiscal Year 2014 Rule Summary
- Review of Fiscal Year 2013 Reporting - New as of October 1, 2013!
- CMS's IPFQR Quarterly Newsletter, Volume 1: Issue 1 - New as of November, 2013!
- CMS's IPFQR Quarterly Newsletter, Volume 1: Issue 2 - New as of January, 2013!
- Hospitals accredited under The Joint Commission's HAP Standards are required to submit HBIPS Core Measures data as a part of accreditation requirements.
- The HBIPS set provides a preview of "best practices" for inpatient psychiatric care and incorporating HBIPS data into quality improvement processes will positively affect the quality of services that an inpatient psychiatric hospital provides.
NRI Can Help:
- NRI was a key member in the development of the HBIPS core measures.
- We have more than two decades of experience providing on- and off-site technical assistance to behavioral healthcare facilities. Our experience is unparalleled.
- Our HBIPS resources are designed to meet the needs of all staff at your facility.
- NRI offers a full performance measurement system that meets all of the reporting requirements for inpatient psychiatric care for CMS and The Joint Commission.
- NRI's expertise spans all aspects of the HBIPS core measure set: form compliance, data flow processes, measure calculation, data validation, staff education, and quality improvement.
- Consultation on performance measures is designed to supplement, not replace, other vendor services.